The Festival of San Sebastian Algarrobo 2023
San Sebastian Festival in Algarrobo in January
Here is what you can find out about the Festival de San Sebastian in Algarrobo:
- A few words about Algarrobo and this fiesta
- The dates of the Fiesta
- The programme of the Fiesta
- Where is Algarrobo?
- What to do in Algarrobo?
- Sleeping in Algarrobo
- Some useful links
- Other experiences around Algarrobo
A few words about Algarrobo and the fiesta
If you want to know more about the village, you can find all the information on the link visit Algarrobo.
Saint Sebastian is the patron saint of Algarrobo. He was originally a Roman martyr from the 3rd century, born in Narbonne (256-258) and leader of a praetorian cohort in Rome. He helped the Christians and was given the title of defender of the Church by Pope Gaius. Throughout history, the cult of this holy martyr has been very popular.
Tradition has it that the villagers of Algarrobo ask San Sebastián for water, “so that there will be a good harvest”, and for anchovies, as the town has an agricultural and fishing tradition.
Dates of the Fiesta de San Sebastian
The Fiesta de San Sebastian will be held on 22 January 2023.
During this day, we will be able to attend :
- the procession of the village’s patron saint, San Sebastian, at the end of the day
- listen to and watch a verdiales show
- taste migas accompanied by a vino del terreno (parque de la escalerilla)
- a musical show
Where is Algarrobo?
What to do in Algarrobo?
In the surroundings of the village, it is possible to find very nice activities:
- horse riding, on the beach or in the mountains
- diving in Nerja and Torrox
- guided tours (villages of Axarquia, Cordoba, Alhambra,…)
- via ferrata (Caminito del Rey,…)
- hiking (El Saltillo with the hanging bridge,…)
- canyoning (in the rio Verde,…)
- visit of caves
Use the following link to access all the activities to do. during your holidays. This link provides you with all the details of each activity.
Below, you will find live rentals or accommodation available in Algarrobo and the surrounding area
Some useful links
Here is the platform that lists all the main car rental agencies in Andalusia or more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
Discover the other ferias and fiestas this month in the area.
Find out all about the most spectacular fair of the year in the province of Málaga: Malaga Fair
And finally, here are some other experiences to do around Algarrobo
Discover other great places in Andalucia in the Andalucia blog pages.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog