Comares Fiesta San Hilario de Poitiers 2024
Comares organizes the San Hilario de Poitiers fiesta on January 13, 2024
Here is what you will find at the Saint Hilaire de Poitiers fiesta in Comares:
- A few words about Comares and Saint Hilaire
- Fiesta dates
- The Fiesta program
- Where is Comares located?
- What to do in Comares?
- Book accomodation in Comares
- some useful links
- ideas for experiences to discover
A few words about Comares and Saint Hilaire
To find out more, you will find all the information on the link best things to see in Comares.
Saint Hilaire de Poitiers is the patron saint of the village. It can be seen in the Ntra Sra de la Encarnacion church.
Saint Hilaire is a French bishop, who died on January 13, 367. He is known for having defended Christianity against Arianism.
This bishop has become the patron saint since a historic date. On January 13, 1142, the anniversary of the death of Saint Hilaire, the Mozarabs of the village took up arms against the Muslim sovereigns of Comares, invoking the protection of Saint Hilaire.
The festivities of San Hilario de Poitiers will be celebrated on January 13, 2024.
The Fiesta program
During this day, several festivities take place:
- Panda of verdiales
- Mass in honor of Saint Hilaire
- Procession in the village
- Popular festival in the “Balcon de la Axarquia” square
- A popular paella is offered accompanied by “vino del terreno” to continue the party until late in the evening
This is the opportunity to live to the rhythm of the traditional, popular and typical festivities of Axarquia.
Where is Comares located?
Book accommodation in Comares
Indicate the desired dates to find out availability in the village.
What to do in Comares?
- horse riding, on the beach or in the mountains
- diving in Nerja and Torrox
- guided tours (villages of Axarquia, Cordoba, Alhambra,…)
- via ferrata (Caminito del Rey,…)
- hiking (rio Chillar, El Saltillo with the hanging bridge,…)
- canyoning (in the rio Verde,…)
- visit of caves
Use the following link to access all the activities to do in Comares. This link provides you with all the details of each activity.
Some useful links for your trip to Andalucia
Easy and economical bookings
Finally, here are some other experiences to do around Comares:
Discover more of Andalusia’s beautiful sites in the Andalusia blog pages.
Here is the link to receive our blog newsletter.
Here are the latest articles on Andalucia
Unknown Malaga the unusual its secrets and curiosities to know
Unknown Malaga here are the essentials of the unusual things in Malaga with its secret and very curious places, and often from distant times.
Grazalema what to see in this precious white village
Discover everything to see in Grazalema. This village is classified among the most beautiful villages in Spain.
Osuna what to see in this wonderful little town
Here’s everything you need to see in Osuna. A city with incredible treasures. His international fame has exploded since Games of Throne.