Fiesta Comares San Hilario de Poitiers in Comares 2022
Comares organizes the fiesta of San Hilario de Poitiers, its Patron Saint, on January 15 – 2022
Hilary of Poitiers was a French bishop who died on 13 January 367 and is known for defending Christianity against Arianism.
This bishop became the patron saint of Comares on a historic date. On 13 January 1142, the anniversary of Saint Hilaire’s death, the Mozarabs of the village took up arms against the Muslim rulers of Comares, invoking the protection of Saint Hilaire.
Festivities of San Hilario de Poitiers are celebrated every 13th of January (or the Sunday following this date).
During this day, several festivities take place:
– Concert of panda de verdiales de Comares
– Mass in honour of San Hilario
– Procession through the village
– Popular festival in the “Balcon de la Axarquia” square
– A popular paella is offered accompanied by “vino del terreno” to continue the party until late in the evening
NB : in 2022, due to Covid circumstances, this Fiesta in Comares is reduced to a minimum.
This is the opportunity to live to the rhythm of the traditional, popular and typical festivals of Axarquia – Costa del Sol
Where to sleep in Comares ?
Holiday homes, villas, guest houses
Want to continue the trip to Andalucia?
Each month, ideas for visits and discoveries