Riogordo The Passion of Christ 2023
Riogordo recounts the Passion of Christ in an extraordinary show every year in April.
Here is the essential information about the Passion of the Christ in Riogordo :
- A few words about Riogordo
- The dates of the show
- The programme of the show
- Booking a place for the show
- Where is Riogordo?
- What to do in Riogordo?
- Booking accommodation
- Some useful links
A few words about Riogordo and the Paso
Riogordo is a beautiful white village in Axarquia in the province of Málaga.
To find out more about the village, click on the link: Riogordo.
About the Paso de Riogordo
This is a real spectacle, renowned throughout Spain. This ‘fiesta’ has been recognised as a Festival of National Tourist Interest.
The Passion of Christ is the set of events that preceded and accompanied the death of Jesus of Nazareth.
The show is quite exceptional and has 500 actors on a stage of 8000m²! It presents the Passion of Christ through 17 scenes.
Dates of the Passion of the Christ show in Riogordo
There are two performances: 7 and 8 April 2023 at 5pm.
The programme of “The Passion of Christ”:
- Sacrificio de Isaac
- Encuentro de Jesús con la Samaritana
- Sermón de la Montaña. Elección de los apóstoles
- Arrepentimiento de María Magdalena
- Pedro es nombrado Primado de la Iglesia
- Curación de un ciego
- Entrada triunfal en Jerusalén
- Jesús se despide de su madre, la Virgen María
- Última Cena
- Judas vende a su Maestro
- Oración en el Huerto de los Olivos. Prendimiento
- En el Tribunal del Sanedrín
- Negaciones de Pedro
- Arrepentimiento y muerte de Judas
- Juicios ante Herodes y Pilatos
- Calle de la Amargura
- Jesús muere en la Cruz
Book a ticket for the Paso de Riogordo
Buy a Ticket :
- at the box office on the day,
- on the internet at: mientrada.net
- adults: 10 €.
- children (6-12 years old) and pensioners: 7€.
Where is Riogordo?
What to do in Riogordo?
In the surroundings of the village, it is possible to find very nice activities:
- horse riding, on the beach or in the mountains
- diving in Nerja and Torrox
- guided tours (villages of Axarquia, Cordoba, Alhambra,…)
- via ferrata (Caminito del Rey,…)
- hiking (El Saltillo with the hanging bridge,…)
- canyoning (in the rio Verde,…)
- visit of caves
Use the following link to access all the activities to do. during your holidays. This link provides you with all the details of each activity.
Below you will find direct access to available accommodation in Riogordo and the surrounding area. Simply enter the desired dates.
Some useful links
Here is a great car rental agency in Andalusia and more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
Find out all about the most spectacular fair of the year in the province of Málaga: The Malaga Fair
And finally, here are some other experiences to do Malaga province :
Discover other great places in Andalucia in the Andalucia blog pages.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog.