Tickets for the Caminito Del Rey
Book a ticket for the Caminito del Rey, one of the wonders of Spain
On this page you will find several ways of booking a ticket for the Caminito del Rey:
- a link to a ticket-buying platform
- the option of doing the via ferrata (a sporty version of exploring this site)
- the option of booking a guided tour of the Caminito del Rey with an English-speaking guide, departing from Antequera.
Origins of the Caminito del Rey …
The Caminito del Rey was a spectacular path built on a rock face between 1901 and 1905, and inaugurated in 1920 by King Alfonso XIII, after whom it was named.
The path was closed in 2000 following a number of accidents, but was reopened in 2015.
It is 100 metres above sea level, set against 400-metre-high cliffs, and offers some of the most spectacular scenery in the province of Málaga. It is located next to the village of Ardales.
Buy a ticket for the Caminito del Rey
This platform offers a wide range of options:
- buy tickets
- buy tickets with a guide
You can also book guided tours of the Caminito del Rey online, departing from :
Note : there’s a very practical service on this platform in case you can’t do it: all bookings can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the scheduled date.
Via Ferrata du Caminito del Rey
Via Ferrata climbing is booming in Andalucia. Here’s a more sporting way to discover this site.
If you’re on holiday near Nerja, Torrox or Torre del Mar, you can discover the Caminito del Rey via ferrata with a great instructor!
David, who speaks French, will be your guide on this adventure, see in detail: the via ferrata del Caminito del Rey.
In practice, he’ll meet you at the bus stop in Nerja, or in Málaga, and take you to the site.
Book the Caminito del Rey with an English-speaking guide
Details of the Caminito del Rey guided tour departing from Antequera
- caminito del rey guided tour
- Semi-private group of 2 to 8 people maximum.
- Duration: 6 hours in total
- Meeting point: Antequera. The link with Caminito de Rey is by Mercedes van, so you can enjoy the beautiful scenery during the 45-minute journey.
- Price: 69 euros / person
What’s included for this day :
- Entrance ticket
- the guide, Justine
- return transport from Antequera
- insurance cover for the day
- lunch in a typical restaurant
The day’s guided tour of the Caminito del Rey is as follows:
1. We pick you up at the Puerta de Estepa at 09:00 in Antequera in our 9-seater Mercedes Vito van.
2. 45 minutes later we arrive at the entrance of the Caminito del Rey where we park our van.
3. We start walking along a downhill path to the Caminito del Rey ticket office (15 minutes).
4. Once the helmet is handed over to us, we can start our tour.
5. Throughout the tour, our guide will talk about the historical, geological and landscape aspects of the Caminito del Rey.
6. About 3 hours (and 8km) later, the walk ends and we head for the restaurant.
7. You will enjoy a delicious meal in a beautiful restaurant, with a drink included.
8. At the end of lunch we will take the van back to Antequera
9. Return to Antequera and arrival expected between 15:00/16:00.
To book the Caminito del Rey with an English-speaking guide,
A form is available just below.
We will contact you shortly to confirm availability.
Where can I stay near El Caminito del Rey?
If you’re coming by car or train, here’s the accommodation you’ll find in the area.
Some useful links for your trip to Andalucia
Easy and economical bookings
The latest blog posts on Andalucia
Unknown Malaga the unusual its secrets and curiosities to know
Unknown Malaga here are the essentials of the unusual things in Malaga with its secret and very curious places, and often from distant times.
Grazalema what to see in this precious white village
Discover everything to see in Grazalema. This village is classified among the most beautiful villages in Spain.
Osuna what to see in this wonderful little town
Here’s everything you need to see in Osuna. A city with incredible treasures. His international fame has exploded since Games of Throne.