Trilla – wheat threshing – Festival in Alcaucin
The wheat threshing festival (Día de la trilla) in Alcaucin takes place in July
Here is the essential information about the Wheat threshing Festival in Alcaucin :
- A few words about Alcaucin
- The dates of the festival
- The programme of the festival
- Where is Alcaucin?
- What to do in Alcaucin?
- Booking an accommodation
- some useful links
A few words about Alcaucin
To find out more about the village, you can find all the information on the link visit Alcaucin.
Dates of the Trilla Festival
The wheat threshing day will be held on 3 July 2022.
The programme of the wheat threshing festival
- 11.30 am: Concert and Verdiales show in the streets of the village.
- 12H00: Stonemasons’ workshop. They were used to make the threshing floors for the wheat. These threshing floors were circular and covered with stones. Several of them can be seen as you walk through Axarquia.
- 12.30 pm: demonstration of the trilla. The man uses a curious tool, pulled by a mule. A must see!
- 3.30 pm: tasting of typical products from the village
- From 16:30: music concerts
Where is Alcaucin?
What to do in Alcaucin?
In the surroundings of the village, it is possible to find very nice activities:
- horse riding, on the beach or in the mountains
- diving in Nerja and Torrox
- guided tours (villages of Axarquia, Cordoba, Alhambra,…)
- via ferrata (Caminito del Rey,…)
- hiking (El Saltillo with the hanging bridge,…)
- canyoning (in the rio Verde,…)
- visit of caves
Use the following link to access all the activities to do. during your holidays. This link provides you with all the details of each activity.
Below, you will find direct access to the available rentals or accommodation in Alcaucin and the surrounding area.
Some useful links
Here is the platform that lists all the main car rental agencies in Andalusia or more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
Discover the other ferias and fiestas this month in the area.
Find out all about the most spectacular fair of the year in the province of Málaga: Malaga Fair
And finally, here are some other experiences to do around Alcaucin
Discover other great places in Andalucia in the Andalucia blog pages.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog