Caminito del Rey Via Ferrata
The via ferrata of Caminito del Rey in the province of Malaga
In this article, you will find the essential information to do the fabulous via ferrata of Caminito del Rey :
- A few words about the Caminito del Rey and the via ferrata
- What is a via ferrata?
- How is this activity organised?
- What the activity includes:
- Booking the via ferrata from Malaga/Nerja
- Another beautiful via ferrata: the one in Zafarraya
A few words about the Caminito del Rey
Here are a few details so as not to confuse the path with the Via Ferrata of the Caminito del Rey. You will find the details of the Via Ferrata below.
For those who already know it, it is an original and more sportive way to rediscover this incredible site!
The site is now world famous, especially since it was reopened a few years ago.
In the following link you will find the different offers to buy a ticket for the Caminito del Rey.
What is a via ferrata?
A via ferrata (which can be translated as “vertical hike”) is a hiking trail that is both vertical and horizontal, equipped with various materials.
What you will find on a via ferrata: steel holds, chains, Tibetan and suspension bridges and zip lines, which allow you to reach difficult areas in complete safety.
How is this activity organised?
David, the instructor, will pick you up at the bus station in Nerja, or in Malaga.
Here is a note from David: we will then go to Alora, to the Caminito del Rey. On the way we will have a great view of the Alora reservoir and the Desfiladero de los Gaitanes.
At the site, we will begin our adventure. We will have to complete a series of challenges such as suspension bridges and a zip line, and much more.
NB: David speaks Spanish, English, French and Portuguese.
A fabulous day out awaits you.
This activity is carried out in complete safety, with quality equipment.
What the activity includes :
- total duration of the activity: approximately 5 to 6 hours (including 3 hours of activity)
- Transport (Nerja-Malaga/Alora/Nerja-Malaga)
- an official guide, certified in active tourism
- Equipment: helmet, harness, gloves and dissipators
- insurance and civil liability
- photos and a souvenir film of the activity
- an organic picnic
- The price is 69 euros/person
You must be in good physical condition, not afraid of heights and have sports shoes:
NB: if you have a Gopro, don’t forget to take it with you!
Booking the via ferrata from Malaga/Nerja
David, the instructor, will pick you up in either Nerja or Málaga and then go to the via Ferrata site.
Please find here the link with all booking details.
Another beautiful via ferrata: Zafarraya
Here is another beautiful via ferrata between the province of Malaga and the province of Granada.
Here is the link to discover the via ferrata of Zafarraya.