Canyoning in Rio Verde in Andalucia
Canyoning day in the Rio Verde
In this article you will find the essential information to have a great canyoning experience in the Rio Verde in Andalucia :
- Book the canyoning activity in the Rio Verde from Granada
- Book the activity from Nerja
- What the activity in the Rio Verde includes
- Other activities from Nerja and Torrox
- Some useful links for visiting Andalucia
Canyoning in the Rio Verde is an outdoor activity in a wonderful environment.
Book canyoning in the Rio Verde from Granada
You will find below, from Granada, 1 nice offer of canyoning
The + : this activity can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the planned date:
Book the canyoning activity in the Rio Verde from Granada
Book the activity from Nerja
The word of David, the guide ” We will pick you up at the bus station of Nerja (we can also meet you at the bus stop of Almunecar or Otivar). Then we leave for the village of Otivar. We start with a 40-minute walk.
Once we arrive at the river bank, we will change clothes and start to descend the river. The descent will be through natural slides, jumps and abseiling. We will cross caves and crystal clear pools.
On the way, we will see many aromatic plants, old lime kilns, mines, and we will probably see wild Iberian goats, ibex.
At the end of the activity, we will enjoy a snack with a refreshing drink.
What the activity in the Rio Verde includes:
- Total duration of the activity: 7 to 8 hours
- Transport to and from the activity
- an official and certified “Active Tourism” guide for the whole day
- Equipment: helmet, harness and neoprene suit
- 1 bottle of water (1/2l)
- insurance and civil liability
- photos and a souvenir film of the activity
- an organic picnic
Please note: to book the activity you must be in good physical shape and not be afraid of heights. Please bring a pair of sports shoes and a swimming costume.
The activity is open every day from March to November (possible from 10 years old).
If you have a GoPro camera or equivalent, don’t hesitate to take it!
To see all the information from Nerja, and to book this day in the Rio Verde: just click on the following link:
Other activities from Nerja and Torrox
In the surrounding area, it is possible to find very nice activities:
- horse riding, on the beach or in the mountains
- diving in Nerja and Torrox
- guided tours (villages of Axarquia, Cordoba, Alhambra,…)
- via ferrata (Caminito del Rey,…)
- hiking (rio Chillar, El Saltillo with the hanging bridge,…)
- visit of caves
Use the following link to access all the activities to do. This link provides you with all the details of each activity.
Some useful links
Here is a great car rental agency in Andalusia and more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
If you are in Andalucia as part of a tour with several major cities to visit, here are some links that may be of interest:
- Discover must-sees before visiting Cordoba
- Visit Malaga on foot.
- All you need to know about Granada, the Alhambra, the Albaicin neighbourhood before visiting Granada
- If you are passing through the geographical centre of Andalusia, then you can visit Antequera, with the incredible natural site of El Torcal right next door
Find more ideas for visits to authentic Andalusia: see the blog pages on Andalucia.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog