Unusual Church in Velez Malaga : discover a wonder !
A wondering church
This church in Velez-Malaga is a must-see!
In this article you will find the essential information for visiting the Ntra Sra de los Remedios church in Velez-Malaga :
- A few words about Velez-Malaga and the church
- Where is this church in Velez-Malaga?
- Some useful links
A few words about the church and Velez-Malaga
This church in Velez Malaga, Ermita Nuestra Virgen de los Remedios, is a must see. The whole church was painted by Evaristo Guerra. The paintings give a special look and feel to the place.
This is a small wonder to be discovered, decorated with rock frescoes that represent all the landscapes of Axarquia.
The painter Evaristo Guerra comes back every 2 or 3 years to do some touch-ups. Indeed, the church being close to the sea, the sea air brings humidity and requires a regular maintenance of the frescoes.
Holy Week in Velez-Malaga
The Ntra Sra de Los Remedios church is one of the most important places of the Holy Week in Velez-Malaga. It is a must-see. For a few days, the fervour of the inhabitants is expressed in more than 20 processions around the city. An experience to be enjoyed.
Where is the Ntra Sra de los Remedios church?
It is located on the top of Velez-Malaga and offers a 360° view of Velez-Malaga and its surroundings:
- View of the sea
- View of the Maroma, the highest peak in the province of Málaga, 2068 metres above sea level
- View of the fortaleza of Velez
- View of Velez Malaga and the different monuments of the city
- and to make matters worse there is a small car park where you can park easily
Some useful links to visit Andalucia
Here is a great car rental agency in Andalucia and more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
If you are in Andalucia as part of a tour with several major cities to visit, here are some links that may be of interest:
- Discover must-sees before visiting Cordoba
- Visit Malaga on foot.
- All you need to know about Granada, the Alhambra, the Albaicin neighbourhood before visiting Granada
- If you are passing through the geographical centre of Andalucia, then you can visit Antequera, with the incredible natural site of El Torcal right next door.
Experiences to discover in the province of Malaga
If you are in the area for a few days, here is a selection of great activities:
Find more ideas for visits to authentic Andalucia: see the blog pages on Andalucia.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog