Land art in Andalucia in Granada Province
Land art in Andalucia in Zafarraya
In this article you will find the essential information about this land art site in Andalucia:
- Where is this land art site in Andalusia located?
- A few words about land art
- Land art creations in Zafarraya
- Let’s continue with street art in the province of Malaga
Where is this land art site in Andalusia located?
This is a beautiful land art space in Andalucia. It is located in Zafarraya, in Granada province.
You’ll find it on the road between Alcaucin, a white village in Axarquia, and the beautiful little town of Alhama de Granada.
I discovered this site the day I went to do the via Ferrata in Zafarraya. This via Ferrata is new, it was opened in February 2020.
A few words about land art:
It is a contemporary artistic movement that uses materials from nature and whose works remain in nature.
One of the first artists and precursors of this movement was Robert Smithson. The original name of land art is earthworks.
Originality of this artistic movement is that :
- The works are all ephemeral and therefore doomed to disappear over time under the effect of the natural elements.
- Pieces are not exhibited anywhere other than where they were created, in nature.
- They have no market value, they belong to the “Earth”.
The creations in Zafarraya
They are the work of the impressionist painter Jes Gamart. To see them, you have to go to the Área Recreativa de Las Parideras de Zafarraya.
Let’s continue with street art in the province of Malaga
In the following link you will find the main street art area in Malaga.
Some useful links (car hire, ideas for visits)
Here is a great car rental agency in Andalusia and more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
If you are in Andalusia as part of a tour with several major cities to visit, here are some links that may be of interest:
- Discover must-sees before visiting Cordoba
- Visit Malaga on foot.
- All you need to know about Granada, the Alhambra, the Albaicin neighbourhood before visiting Granada
In this link you will find other beautiful sites to discover on the blog about Andalucia.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog