Visit the Malaga Honey Museum in Colmenar
In this article you will find the essential information for visiting the Malaga Honey Museum in Colmenar
- A few words about Colmenar and the museum
- Opening hours and address
- Where is the Honey Museum?
- Some useful links
- Experiences to discover in the province of Málaga
A few words about Colmenar and the museum
This honey museum in Colmenar is called the “Museo del miel de Málaga” (Málaga Honey Museum) and shows the whole process of honey production by bees.
Colmenar is located in Axarquia, in the province of Malaga. This small region is known for its honey production, which is very important and varied (thyme, rosemary, chestnuts, avocados, mangoes,…)
This museum offers tastings and sometimes also beekeeping workshops. It also presents the evolution of beekeeping since its origins. The visit is really very instructive.
Another village that produces excellent honey is Competa.
The photo below is a bee collecting a pitaya (dragon fruit) in Velez-Malaga.
Velez-Malaga is known as the capital of Europe for the cultivation of tropical fruits, thanks to its subtropical climate.
Some information about the museum before you come:
Monday to Friday: 9.30am – 2pm. Weekends and holidays: 11am – 2pm
Telephone : +34 952 71 80 30
Mail : email@example.com
For the guided tour (duration 3 to 4 hours, price: 8€) it is advisable to call ahead to confirm.
Where is the Honey Museum?
Some useful links for a stay in Andalucia
Here is a great car rental agency in Andalusia and more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
If you are in Andalucia as part of a tour with several major cities to visit, here are some links that may be of interest:
- Discover must-sees before visiting Cordoba
- Visit Malaga on foot.
- All you need to know about Granada, the Alhambra, the Albaicin neighbourhood before visiting Granada
- If you are passing through the geographical centre of Andalusia, then you can visit Antequera, with the incredible natural site of El Torcal right next door.
Experiences to discover in the province of Malaga
Find more ideas for visits to authentic Andalusia: see the blog pages on Andalucia.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog