Romeria in Torre del Mar 2023
The Romeria de Torre del Mar is held every year in May
Here is the essential information about the Romeria in Torre del Mar
- A few words about Torre del Mar and the Romeria
- The dates of the Romeria
- The programme of the romeria
- Where is Torre del Mar?
- What to do in Torre del Mar?
- Finding accommodation
- Some useful links
A few words about Torre del Mar and the Romeria
To find out more about Torre del Mar, you can find all the information on the link visit Torre del Mar.
Origin of the romerias :
The word “romeria” comes from “romero”. It is the name given to the pilgrims who left Hispania (Spain under the Roman Empire) to go to Rome; almost 2000 years ago.
The romerias, which are very typical in Andalucia, therefore have very ancient origins.
Dates of the Romeria
The Romeria de Torre del Mar 2022 will take place on Sunday 8 May.
The Romeria programme
- The romeria, pilgrimage, takes place in the morning.
- Then at 2.30 pm a paella will be offered to all romeros and visitors.
- At 3pm, a concert
- At 4.30 pm, a horse show:
At 5.30 p.m., another concert will begin.
Where is Torre del Mar?
What to do in Torre del Mar?
In the surrounding area, you can find some very nice activities:
- horse riding, on the beach or in the mountains
- scuba diving in Nerja and Torrox
- guided tours (villages of Axarquia, Cordoba, Alhambra,…)
- via ferrata (Caminito del Rey,…)
- hiking (rio Chillar, El Saltillo with the hanging bridge,…)
- canyoning (in the rio Verde,…)
- visit of caves
Access with the following link to the activities to do in Torre del Mar. This link allows you to find all the details of each activity.
Enter the desired dates to find out about availability.
Some useful links
Here is the platform that lists all the main car rental agencies in Andalusia or more specifically at Malaga airport : book a rental car.
Find out all about the most spectacular fair of the year in the province of Málaga: Malaga Fair
And finally, here are some other experiences to do around Torre del Mar
Discover other great places in Andalucia in the Andalucia blog pages.
Here is the link to receive our newsletter from the andaluciamia.com blog