Day trip from Nerja to Antequera and El Torcal
Trips from Nerja to Antequera and El Torcal Natural Park
Here are the details of this great day trip to Antequera and El Torcal Park from Nerja:
- How does this day trip to Antequera and El Torcal work?
- The guided tour of El Torcal Park
- The guided tour of Antequera
- Information, prices and online booking of this excursion
- Other ideas for day trips from Nerja, Torrox and Torre del Mar
Antequera is located in the geographical centre of Andalusia, with the El Torcal Park approximately 10km away. On a personal note, both El Torcal and Antequera are must-sees in Andalucia.
How is the day trip to Antequera and El Torcal?
This tour of Antequera and El Torcal is carried out in semi-private groups (2 to 8 people maximum) departing from Nerja, Torre del Mar and Torrox.
The guide Cipriano – pictured below – will pick you up in the morning at your place of stay in a Mercedes Vito and drive you to El Torcal.
The guided tour of El Torcal Park
This tour will start at El Torcal, a natural site classified as a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
You will discover an incredible karst landscape.
El Torcal is a site of rare beauty and an absolute wonder of nature. It is often said that these 20km² are the most beautiful karst landscape in Europe.
In 2016, El Torcal was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
It is difficult to imagine when we are there that El Torcal was under the sea 150 million years ago and that we are now at an altitude of between 1000 and 1200 metres!
The guided tour of Antequera
The city tour begins with a visit to the Alcazaba
In the centre of Antequera you will discover unique palaces, churches and monasteries. Antequera is known as the Convent City with its 33 religious edifices!
The Dolmens of Antequera
You will visit dolmens built by man several thousand years ago.
The 3 dolmens of Antequera are also classified as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
The guide can then reserve a lunch table on request (not included) and taste local specialities, such as porra antequerana.
Information, prices and online booking of this tour
Here is the information:
- Language: English, or German or Spanish
- Semi-private group: 2 to 8 people maximum
- Times: 08:30 – 17:30
- Duration: 9 hours approx.
- Guided tour El Torcal: included
- Guided tour Antequera: included
- Entrance ticket and visit to the Alcazaba: included
- Entrance ticket and visit to the Dolmens: included
- Round trip transport : included
- The guide will pick you up on the coast between Nerja and Torre del Mar
- Price: 110 € per person
Optional: Cipriano can suggest a restaurant in Antequera for your lunch break.
For the booking :
Here, the link to book online: The Antequera and El Torcal Tour from Nerja
NB: For those on holiday in Málaga or travelling directly to Antequera, there is a guide, Justine, who offers guided tours directly from Antequera.
Other ideas for day trips from Nerja, Torrox and Torre del Mar
Cipriano offers several day trips from Nerja, Torrox or Torre del Mar
In the link below, you will find the other tours he proposes (Cordoba, Ronda, Setenil de las Bodegas, Marbella, Mijas, …)