Day trip from Nerja to Cordoba and the Mezquita
Cordoba was a kingdom, an emirate and then a caliphate
Trips from Nerja to Cordoba with the visit of the Mosque and others jewels
Here are the details of this wonderful day trip to Cordoba from Nerja :
- How does this day trip to Cordoba work?
- The guided tour of the Cathedral Mezquita
- Guided tour of the Jewish quarter, the Juderia
- Guided tour of the Alcazar of the Christian kings
- Discovery of the famous patios of Cordoba
- Information, prices and online booking of this tour
- Other ideas for day trips from Nerja, Torrox and Torre del Mar
Córdoba, with its ancient name of Qurtuba, is one of the jewels of Andalucia. It is also the city with the most World Heritage Sites.
This day trip leaves from Torre del Mar, Torrox and Nerja. This tour is done in semi-private groups (2 to 8 people maximum)
The guide Cipriano – below – will pick you up in the morning at your accommodation in a Mercedes Vito and drive you to Cordoba.
Guided tour of the Mezquita, the Mosque-Cathedral
The visit to this majestic monument will be unforgettable. Cipriano, during the visit will transport you to Al-Andalus time.
The forest of columns and arches inside the Mezquita is an absolute gem. You can also see many golden mosaics!
It is one of the four sites declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in Cordoba. The other three are the patios, the Jewish quarter and the Medina Azahara site.
Guided tour of the Jewish Quarter, the Juderia
The city tour continues through the narrow white streets of the Jewish quarter of Cordoba.
The Jewish quarter of Cordoba has been a Unesco World Heritage Site since 1994. You can visit the only synagogue in Andalucia, dating from the time of Al-Andalus and the Caliphs, which still exists today.
Guided tour of the Alcazar of the Christian Kings
The Alcázar of the Christian Kings is another of Cordoba’s jewels.
Cipriano will show you this site rich in history.
Discover the famous patios of Cordoba
With your guide, you will also visit the city’s famous patios cordobeses (interior courtyards decorated with flowers), which are renowned worldwide!
The Cordoba Patio Festival has been declared a World Heritage Site!
Lunch in Cordoba in a typical restaurant
If you wish, as an option to the tour, you can have lunch in a local restaurant with typical dishes such as salmorejo and flamenquín.
At the end of this wonderful day trip, your guide will drop you off at your accommodation between Torre del Mar, Torrox and Nerja.
Information, prices and booking of this excursion:
Here is the information :
- Language: English, Spanish, or German
- Semi-private group: 2 to 8 people maximum
- Times: 09:00 – 18:00
- Duration: 9 hours approx.
- Mezquita entrance ticket: included
- Alcazar entrance ticket: included
- Guided tour of the Mezquita and Alcazar and the Judería: included
- Round trip transport : included
- The guide will pick you up on the coast between Nerja and Torre del Mar
- Price: 130 € per person (80€ for children)
Optional: Cipriano can suggest a restaurant for a lunch break and discover two specialities of Cordoba.
For the booking:
To book this tour, it is advisable to book a little in advance in high season. Tickets for the Mezquita sell out quickly.
Book online : The Cordoba day trip from Nerja
Other ideas for day trips from Nerja, Torrox and Torre del Mar
Cipriano offers several day trips from Nerja, Torrox or Torre del Mar
In the link below, you will find the other tours he proposes (Granada, Ronda, Setenil de las Bodegas, Marbella, Mijas, …)